Image Map

Pumped For Patterns!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I've been seeing some retro patterns on some other blogs and on Modcloth and it's made me realize I don't have nearly enough. I've become slightly obsessed with them because they are so cute! Especially retro type patterns done in shades of red. I wish I made more money and had less things on my to buy list. My to-buy list already includes that Lauren Moffatt dress, a birthday gift for my nephew, a baby shower gift for a friend, some money for a future double date night with friends and my (undecided as of yet) Hallowe'en costume. I don't have a lot of spending money beyond those things! Eek. How will I get some beautiful patterns in my closet?

Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, vintage necklace, brown gemstone necklace, carved face necklace, cameo, Limecrime make up, makeup, Lime Crime, My Beautiful Rocket modeled, orange lipstick, slicked pixie, slick hair, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog, Poetic License shoes, booties, Tease, brown shoes, ribbon shoes
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog, Poetic License shoes, booties, Tease, brown shoes, ribbon shoes, Victoria Park Place deck

I was able to snag this dress from Modcloth on sale and it's super cute! The little pocket and button details make it super eye catching.

Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, vintage necklace, brown gemstone necklace, carved face necklace, cameo, Limecrime make up, makeup, Lime Crime, My Beautiful Rocket modeled, orange lipstick, slicked pixie, slick hair, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog, Poetic License shoes, booties, Tease, brown shoes, ribbon shoes
printed dress, retro dress, daisy, daisies, Louche brand, UK, vintage necklace, brown gemstone necklace, carved face necklace, cameo, A Coin For the Well blog, Penny Jane Vintage
I got this necklace from a vintage store in town called Penny Jane Vintage. I remember thinking it was kind of ugly but being weirdly attracted to it, like it was calling out to me ("buy me, buy me!") I ended up buying it for around $20 and I think it's the coolest thing now. It's a little face etched in a gemstone! I have to photograph the clasp next time. It's an interesting contraption for sure!

Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog, Poetic License shoes, booties, Tease, brown shoes, ribbon shoes, Victoria Park Place deck
Modcloth dress, modcloth.com, printed dress, retro dress, brown dress, daisy, daisies, orange piping, Louche brand, UK, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well, blog, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, Windsor style blog, Poetic License shoes, booties, Tease, brown shoes, ribbon shoes

legs, leg close up, leg shot, Poetic License shoes, brown booties, ribbon tie, Tease, vintage inspired, Modcloth style, modcloth.com, UK brand, A Coin For the Well, blog, blogger
I love these shoes. There is actually a (sort of) story behind them. I found a great deal on them on eBay in two colours (the one pictured and a navy and red pair.) The problem was neither were my size! The navy pair was a size 7 and the pair here is a 7.5 (I'm a size 8 to 8.5.) I wore the navy pair once and it literally chewed off the entire back of both my heels. I only walked to the bar and sat down at a bar stool all night (I brought a pair of flats to walk home in) and it still had done me in. And the bar is only a minute walk away! I relunctantly decided to part with them after dealing with a grueling healing process for the blisters on my feet (could they even be called blisters? The sores were much bigger than an ordinary blister!) Literally showering for weeks was painful! Just the water on my feet, gah! In the end, I took them to Full Circle Vintage where I sold them on consignment. They were scooped up by the very first customer who laid eyes on them (and I congratulated myself on having good taste.) The lady, Sandy, who bought them had size 6.5 feet and they fit her perfectly... and I winced at the thought that I had worn them. I still keep second guessing if I should keep them for photo shoots. I think I might be crazy/a clothes hoarder/like to inflict pain of myself.

Clothing Details Recap
Dress - Louche - via Modcloth - (discontinued)
Shoes - Poetic License - (discontinued)
Necklace - vintage
Earrings - eBay
Belt - my mom's (vintage? It seems pretty old!)

I meant to make a Polyvore of any kind of retro style print that caught my eye but noticed I had an over-whelming amount of red (I told you I was into that lately!) so I made a board centered around just that. Red makes up a lot of my wardrobe as is but it's mostly solid dresses. My wardrobe is mostly red, pink and black dresses with 15+ of each colour! Oopsie. But I can keep buying more in those colours, provided they are prints, right?

Modcloth, modcloth.com, Polyvore, collage, collection, set, red dresses, printed dresses, retro style dresses, plaid, stars, zig zag, tie neck, wishlist, Museum Cafe Dress, Be A Dear Dress, Work Window Seat Top, Ooh La Lemur Dress, It's An Illusion Top, Oh My Stars Dress, Think Out Laud Dress, A Coin For the Well

All the above items are from Modcloth
2) Be a Dear Dress - $73

I also grabbed some picks from Etsy!

1950s dress, 50s dress, vintage dress, red dress, A-line, Etsy, thrift score, circle skirt, white daisy, shirtdress, housedress, tie neck

1950s, 1960s, 50s 60s dress, mini, zig zag, chevron, high neck, turtleneck, polyester, rust colour, color, red, fall, Etsy

1960s dress, 60s dress, shift dress, sheath, whimsy, whimsical, eclectic, red polka dot, button detail, vintage, retro, fun, bright, patterned, pattern, Etsy

semprevintage - $34 // TopSpecialVintage - $50 // aiseirigh - $67

What are you must-haves for fall?
 
If you'd like to see all my best looks from the season, check out my wardrobe wrap up post!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment