Image Map

Movie of the Week - Addams Family Values

Monday, October 28, 2013

When thinking up movies for Movie Monday, I've been trying to think of movies where I can re-create some sort of outfit from my closet that is inspired by a character in the movie. I feel like my Sound of Music outfit set some sort of precedent and I have to keep doing that. I doubt I'll be able to, but it's going to be fun to try! But with Hallowe'en coming up and having a dress in my closet that I got a few years back from a consignment store in Toronto, I was all set. Unfortunatetly, I've gained 17 pounds since I bought it, and it was actually too small to begin with (remember I have a bad habit of buying things that aren't my size?) There is an un-Godly amount of shapewear and fashion tape going on in this outfit. I took a pic of my underthings (not NFSW) because I look like a circus performer. Oh, the things girls go through!

black mini dress, pleated dress, peter pan collar, spooky girl, Wednesday Addams look, A Coin For the Well, Suzanne Amlin, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blog
black mini dress, pleated dress, peter pan collar, spooky girl, Wednesday Addams look, A Coin For the Well, Suzanne Amlin, Windsor Ontario fashion blog, style blog
black dress, white peter pan collar, Besame make-up, make up, crimson rouge, spooky make up, goth make up, Suzanne Amlin, A Coin For the Well
vintage Salvatore Ferragamo shoes, flats, Vara, black, snakeskin, Etsy purchased, bought, leg shot, A Coin For the Well

Outfit Details
Dress - Zara bought second hand
Tights - Ardenes
Make-up - all Besame
Purse (in background) - Ardenes

Addams Family Values, official movie, Wednesday Addams, face shot, Christina Ricci

It would have been better if I had braids, but alas, I can't afford wigs that aren't for my Hallowe'en costume.

Addams Family Values movie poster, official, Wednesday Addams, Morticia, Gomez, Pugsley, Fester, Thing, Lurch

As for the movie, the premise is pretty simple. The Addams welcome a new addition to the family, a baby named Pubert. Wednesday and Pugsley feel some sibling rivalry towards their new brother and go to great lengths to harm him (my favourite is shown in the clip below!)


Their parents, Gomez and Morticia, feeling the strain, decide to get a nanny and bring in a woman named Debbie. Awkward Uncle Fester is immediately smitten with her, but unbeknownst to him, she is actually the The Black Widow, a serial killer that marries and kills rich men. Savvy Wednesday is onto her scheme so Debbie urges Gomez and Morticia to send the kids to summer camp. 

I actually watched this movie a lot as a kid, but I didn't remember the majority of it. However the scene that stood out to me most was the Thanksgiving scene with the fire. Mostly, because I was super afraid of fire. There are a lot of morbid scenes and lines in this movie but this was definitely the most terrifying to me.

Addams Family Values, official movie, Thanksgiving scene, Pocahontas, Christina Ricci, Wednesday Addams, fire, holding match, setting things on fire, crazy, sadistic

It was really fun to re-watch this movie as an adult. So many one-liners I didn't understand as a child. Like this gem below


And another one about Fester never experiencing love and then Gomez saying something about him having Thing? Hahah, oh gosh, that's something you only catch when you're older! Wednesday is definitely the darkest character but Gomez is a hoot. I think I have to declare that he's my favourite.

Addams Family Values, official movie, group shot, staircase, interior, Debbie, Wednesday Addams, Morticia

If you too would like a Wednesday Addams' look, try this dress from ASOS. It says it's a maternity dress, but whatevs! It's so cute and has the perfect look.

ASOS Maternity Knitted Skater Dress With Peter Pan Collar, Black Dress, Wednesday Addams, long sleeve, retro style, cute, goth


Well, that's all for me! What movies have you been watching this week in preparation for Hallowe'en? Have you been taking any fashion cues from them?


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments :

  1. Haha Wednesday Addams - she's the best! What a great costume!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look perfect! I love that dress. You nailed Wednesday's look. I remember dressing up as her when I was little. :)

    The Addams Family and Addams Family Values are two of my favorite movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! That second photo is the best! :D <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You look fantastic! Soo creepy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real estate traders live as well as die through their capability to add worth. With absolutely no added worth, there tend to be no earnings. This holds true with any kind of business, but why is real estate this type of great business along with a great expense, is the amount of ways you can include value and profit from big earnings. www.commercialsproperty.usb

    ReplyDelete